The ILP is based in the historic town of Rugby. Centrally located, Rugby is close to the M1, M6 and M45, and Rugby Railway Station is just a few minutes walk from the ILP offices.
Finding the ILP from Rugby railway station
There is a taxi rank outside the station (or call 01788 345000). However Regent House is only a few minutes walk from the railway station:
- Exit the railway station
- Turn right and follow the road (pass the bus depot on left)
- Continue on this road (pass the IChemE building on right)
- Turn right at ALBERT STREET
- Continue up ALBERT STREET
- The ILP building is facing you on the junction of Albert Street, Regent Place and Regent Street
From the M6, Junction 1
- Take the A426 towards Rugby town centre
- Follow the A426 over numerous roundabouts
- After passing the Junction One Retail Park on your left, use the left hand lane
- At the roundabout follow the A426 left
- You are now on NEWBOLD ROAD (A426)
- At the next roundabout (Benn Hall on left) take the first exit
- At the mini roundabout take the first exit
- You are now on PARK ROAD
- Follow this road onto REGENT PLACE
- Turn right onto ALBERT STREET
- The ILP is immediately to your right (opposite JobCentre Plus offices)
To park at the John Barford car park (please be aware that the car park payment machines are cash only):
- Continue along ALBERT STREET
- Take the first road on the left
- You are now on JAMES STREET
- The John Barford car park is on the right
From the M1, Junction 20
- Follow the directions as from M6 Junction 1
From the M1, Junction 18
- Take the A428 towards Rugby town centre
- Follow the A428 through the rail freight centre and then the suburbs
- You are now on HILLMORTON ROAD (A428)
- Continue to follow this road
- At roundabout (Memorial Gates & sports field on left) take the third exit
- You are now on WHITEHALL ROAD
- At the roundabout take the first exit
- You are now on CLIFTON ROAD
- Take the second road on the right (at the end of the shopping parade)
- You are now on RAILWAY TERRACE
- The entry road to the John Barford car park is on the left (please be aware that the car park payment machines are cash only).
- Refer to the recommended parking information overleaf
ILP office opening hours are 9am – 5pm.
John Barford car park opening hours are 5am – 7pm, Monday – Sunday. Please be aware that the car park payment machines are cash only.
The starting time of your course will be stated on your confirmation email/letter. We recommend that where possible you do not arrive more than 15 minutes early as your room may not be available to you.
If you arrive with some time to spare before your meeting or course, there is a selection of coffee shops and a McDonalds in the town centre.
The hotels closest to the ILP include:
- Carlton Hotel (on Railway Terrace)
- Travelodge (opposite Railway Station)
- Grosvenor Hotel (on Clifton Road)
- The Rugby Hotel (in the town centre pedestrian zone)
For all hotel contact details, availability and advice we recommend www.trivago.com
Whether you require a small room for business meetings or a large room for training events, the Institution of Lighting Professionals offers the perfect environment.
Prestigious Yet Affordable
We offer affordable rooms with a warm welcome and great service from the minute you arrive. Our spacious rooms with a touch of historic charm and elegance will provide you with the right atmosphere for your event.
Placed in the heart of Rugby, the ILP is situated close to public transport links making our offices a perfect and convenient location. There are several secure parking facilities within walking distance of the town centre, which can be found here.
Working in partnership with a local catering firm, we can provide a cold buffet selection and sandwiches. Vegetarian, vegan and coeliac options are available. Delegates will also be able to help themselves to a range of hot and cold drinks throughout the day.
Per day (available 9am – 5pm)
Non member rate £120.00
Member rate £100.00
Refreshments £5.00 per person plus VAT
*Catering prices on request
We are happy to discuss special requirements for customised bookings.
Board Room: 14
Set up as:
- Boardroom – 20
- Classroom – 15
- U-shape – 16
- Open Forum – 24
- Theatre – 30
- Meeting Room – 8
How to Book
Contact Diane at the ILP.
For bookings please request a booking form.