Due to the coronavirus disruption, the ILP today has confirmed it will not be holding any face to face events, courses or meetings between now and July.
We will keep in touch with you as events and courses are once again made available.
In the meantime, we are doing everything we can to support ILP members and the lighting community, so as far as possible you don’t feel isolated or unable to access CPD and knowledge:
- We have an online course where you can learn about asset management according to GN22 which has replaced the older TR22 advice. Make sure your exterior lighting columns and other assets are in good order: https://www.theilp.org.uk/news/online-training-launched-for-lighting-engineers-unable-to-travel/
- You can talk about lighting with others in our Lighting for Good forum online https://www.theilp.org.uk/resources/lighting-for-good/
- You can read Professional Lighting Guides when you have logged into the membership portal https://ilpportal.zenzero.co.uk/Account/Login
- We also have a lot of free guidance notes, SlideShare presentations and other documents, available to everyone via https://www.theilp.org.uk/resources/free-resources/
- The latest issue of the Lighting Journal is on our website too https://www.theilp.org.uk/resources/the-lighting-journal/latest-issue/
Not a member and want to access to the above? or are you a member and don’t have the details you need to log into MyILP membership portal, please call us on 01788 576492 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – we are standing by to help you!
The Institution is already engaged in a process of digital transformation which will continue to improve our online service to members, and we will keep you informed about this. Look out for our regular e-newsletter sent to every member via Mail Chimp every other Wednesday. Or signup to receive it here: https://www.theilp.org.uk/newsletter-signup/.
If there is anything else that the ILP can do to support you in these unusual circumstances, please get in touch. We know these are difficult times for people personally and economically and will do all that we can to keep providing services which are valuable, worthwhile and relevant.
Thank you for your support and understanding.