ILP Exterior Lighting Diploma Module B Spring 2022
It is an exciting time to be in lighting, and it is important you are professionally competent. Lighting is a tool to help citizens live happier and healthier lives, and the ILP can help you gain the skills and knowledge to do this safely and effectively. Designers, engineers, contractors and consultants all have a part to play in delivering quality lighting which improves our environments and helps our communities.
The lighting industry has relied upon the Institution of Lighting Professionals to deliver training and help build competence for many years. The ILP Exterior Lighting Diploma is the established industry qualification for exterior lighting professionals, meaning you can have confidence that this training will be helpful and worthwhile for you.
Our team of expert trainers have reshaped the modules to reflect the needs of the exterior lighting community across the world. Attend the ILP Exterior Lighting Diploma in 2022 and you will find yourself better equipped to fulfil your role, as well as enjoying an interesting, lively and valuable course!
The second week of the Exterior Lighting Diploma explains luminance based highway lighting design. You will study alongside your peers in a friendly team and enjoy a site visit and group project.
- Column design and maintenance
- Seeing and driving
- Road lighting theory
- Traffic route lighting design
- Passive safety
- Bridges and elevated roads
- Motorway lighting design
- Asset management and life cycle planning of lighting supports, including ILP Guidance Note 22
- Tunnel lighting design and portal calculations
- Conflict areas on the highway, including ILP Professional Lighting Guide 02
- Road lighting design software introduction: Lighting Reality
- Central Management Systems (CMS), smart cities, Internet of Things and communications for lighting
- Variable lighting including dimming, trimming and part night
- Energy management
- Light measurements using an indicative grid method, including ILP Technical Report 28