ILP Exterior Lighting Diploma Module A Autumn 2020
It is an exciting time to be in lighting, and it is important you are professionally competent. Lighting is a tool to help citizens live happier and healthier lives, and the ILP can help you gain the skills and knowledge to do this safely and effectively. Designers, engineers, contractors and consultants all have a part to play in delivering quality lighting which improves our environments and helps our communities.
The lighting industry has relied upon the Institution of Lighting Professionals to deliver training and help build competence for many years. The ILP Exterior Lighting Diploma is the established industry qualification for exterior lighting professionals, meaning you can have confidence that this training will be helpful and worthwhile for you.
Our team of expert trainers have reshaped the modules to reflect the needs of the exterior lighting community across the world. Attend the ILP Exterior Lighting Diploma in 2020 and you will find yourself better equipped to fulfil your role, as well as enjoying an interesting, lively and valuable course!
This week, we take you through illuminance based highway lighting design. You will be grouped into a team with other students to learn from each other as well as our professionally qualified tutors. The module includes a site visit and group project.
- What is light and how is it produced?
- Eye, vision and colour
- Light measurement units and calculation process
- Intensity distribution
- Exterior luminaire construction
- Exterior luminaire design
- Control gear including power supplies
- Light sources – lamps and LEDs
- Introduction to British Standard 5489, the code of practice for the design of road lighting and public amenity areas
- Residential area street lighting design
- Understanding scotopic, photopic and mesopic vision and SP ratios
- Obtrusive light including light pollution
- Road lighting design software introduction: Lighting Reality
- CAD and area lighting
- Fundamental electrics for highway lighting
- High mast lighting
- Best practice installations