Do you have a passion for education? Would you like to help bring the institution into the future of training and engagement? Are you creative? If so, the ILP is looking for volunteers to serve on the Education Committee for 2019/2020.
Are you interested in becoming involved in your institution by –
- Helping to create new training courses for all aspects of lighting
- Pioneering a brand-new online training hub
- Potentially being the voice or face of new training videos and animations
- Being part of the creative process for materials and marketing of lighting education
- Getting involved with STEM outreach in your area, supported by and building, ground breaking new STEM education toolkits
- Working with a diverse group of exciting and passionate people from all walks of life
- Opportunities to speak and engage with people both in and out of the industry
- Raising your profile in the industry and outside with the Royal Academy of Engineering and other educational establishments
The committee plans to meet up to four times a year with the first meeting being face-to-face and the rest online or via Skype. Most of our work will be done online and through electronic means.
If you are an ILP member and it sounds like something you would like to get behind, please email email@example.com with your expression of interest and give the reason(s) you would like to be considered for the role.
A word on diversity and inclusion:
At the ILP, we value diversity and the different perspectives people from different backgrounds bring to the Institution. It is the ILP’s policy to ensure that no member of whatever grade, applicant for membership, job applicant or employee, visitor or event participant is disadvantaged or receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or marriage and civil partnership. As far as possible your application will be stripped of any such details when it is considered, to help the ILP accord equality of opportunity for all applicants.
Closing date for applications is THURSDAY 18 APRIL 2019.